Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Nearly 6 whole years and my 1st carboot

I can't believe that it's been a whole week since I last blogged...what is the matter I hear you all cry?? Well Crivens Cottage has been hit with 3 colds and 1 man flu :(
 
But it has been the perfect excuse to grab a blanket and snuggle down with tissues, paracetamol and hot chocolates and with the fire on of course. There were even a couple of cheesy christmas movies watched (just LOVE Christmas24 channel on Sky)
 
I did manage to get my sorry arse out of bed at 5.45am on Sunday to meet up with the delightful and gorgeous Emma Kate from Painted-Style, who very kindly offered to show me round my FIRST ever car boot sale!! SHOCK HORROR!!! and I am hooked; well and truly hooked. I was taken back by how jolly everyone was even at 7am on a cold November morning. I found some great finds all with projects in mind (but after Christmas) and I even restrained myself and put some items back. I was able to pick up a lovely 3/4 length black velvet coat for £2.....I thought I needed to clean my ears out when she said £2 needless to say I snapped it up straight away and it has gone straight to the top of the customising pile.
 
Another of my finds was this lovely little wicker basket
 
 
It had a garish red heart lining and was reduced from £200 to £1. Bargain (he made me giggle so much). I knew it was going to make a lovely deep fruit basket for my dining table and with it being the build up to the festive season, I decided to add some table decorations as well.
 
 
One of my tin cans and gardening twines put to good use....

 
I found these 2 large wine glasses in the garage when I was hunting for christmas decorations.
 

 
The little garlands that I've placed around them are part of the table centres from our Wedding and I use them every year as part of my table decorations as they have huge sentimental value and they epitomise this time of year for me.
 
Talking of weddings, a big congratulations to Kezzie at KezzieAG who has just annouced that she got engaged xx
 
It will be our Wedding anniversary on Sunday, a whole 6 years and it still feels like yesterday.

Our First dance xx
 
We got married in the beautiful Normanby Hall in North Lincolnshire, and they lit the huge open fire, put up their Christmas decorations and lit the trees down the sweeping driveway with twinkling lights. We had a bright sunny yet crisp November day and we were surrounded by family and friends. We had a magical homespun wedding, and it wouldn't have been possible without my wonderful parents, to whom we are incredibly grateful.
 
I never believed in love at first sight and 'soul mates' but the day I met Lynton it was and he is. It was a long and painful path to be together but we've been together nearly 8 years and it has been the most incredible 8 years of my life and to know that we have made that commitment to one another for nearly 6 years now that grounds me and reminds me that my life now has a purpose and that there is something to live for. We are now blessed with 2 amazing sons (although they are just like their daddy, so God help me!) but I still wonder what twists and turns there will be as we continue our journey.....
 
On a festive note, here are some of the garlands that I had made last year but had forgotten about until I unpacked a box today..
 
 
 
A 'Merry Christmas' stamped garland, A Father Christmas garland made from wrapping paper pictures and a recycled christmas fabric garland (this does have a matching wreath that I will show you later)
 
I am now off to curl up on the sofa with Piri Piri chicken, veg rice and mushrooms, the Husband and a roaring fire xx
 
Take care and Festive Blessings
Rebecca x


12 comments:

  1. Hey Rebecca, I remember your wedding day ! It was my very first wedding bouquet I did on my own. I cant believe its 6 years though, the time has flown by. Love to you and the family xx

    I love your Xmas garlands - very original

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, and happy First Car Boot! They stop for the winter round here, guess you can't see the merchandise when it's dark in the mornings! Looking forward to seeing what you do with your velvet coat.
    Hope everyone has recovered now. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! I love this post - it's making me feel like Christmas is really here!
    http://shopaholiconashoestring.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, happy anniversary, how wonderful to have had a winter wedding. i can't believe there is a 24 hour christmas channel! that news makes me want to watch telly and subscribe to sky immediately which is most unlike me! your garlands are really beautiful, and I love the fitched basket (another weakness of mine), what a great find. get well soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! Love the garland.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary for sunday Rebecca, gorgeous garland, very festive!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary and happy car boot. Here's to years more! I bet you're wondering what took you so long. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. remember we are expecting to see Santas grotto on the 7th sooooo excited. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey sexy,

    Not really sure how to begin, you know how I usually feel about any communication through social media or the internet, which is why I think this will mean more to you than it probably otherwise would...

    Anybody who doesn't know me will not appreciate how lacking I am normally in any kind of sensitivity or sentimentality, it's like we're opposite sides of the same coin.

    Anyway I just wanted to say I love you, and how proud I am of you. You are a wonderful Mummy, and an even more wonderful Wife. One Credland boy is enough for anybody, but somehow you manage to support three of us. Thankyou for the best, and bumpiest six years of my life, and I can't wait for the next six.

    Love you always xx

    Mr C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolute scum bag! Ive just logged in and I am crying like a big girl. I Love you too like a truck load of jammy Dodgers xx

      Delete
  10. OMG, Lynton I didnt know you had it in you ( we did really cos we know for all your bravodo you are a big softy at heart) and you are a lovely Daddy, thankyou for loving our beautifull daughter xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated congratulations on six happy years together! I wish you many, many more! I live in Edmonton, Alberta currently (but am really from B.C.) and was so surprised to see the lovely soup mugs you scored; My Mum had a set of 8 when she still owned her house (I lived there, too), but gave them away when we moved to this building. She kept 2 and gave me 2, so I have great memories using them. I love your blog and your cottage and all the things you do and make, so now I feel we have a sort of bond over the years and miles. Then I saw the wicker basket for your knitting needles; Mum has one jsut like it on top of a dresser in the living room! Then I saw the little oval basket and we both have ones much like that (we are both basket freaks, along with all the other addictions we share LOL, and both have made baskets as well. On Mum's balcony are two big bags of basket making supplies - hers and mine - waiting for a sunny summer day so we can work outside. It was easier when we lived in houses). I used to decorate much as you are doing and really love to do that, so am enjoying seeing your posts and esp your photos. Mum is nearly 90 now and finds it a bit of a bother; we go to my sister's for the big day, so I don't get to do much here (it's her place; I'm laid off and couch-surfing). We do have a lovely poinsettia, though, and it's on the pull-out enamelled baking tray of the Hoosier cabinet that my Dad refinished and which now belongs to me. I'll have to post a picture soon. Thanks for sharing your lovely life in a country I have no blood ties to, but which I love all the same. I'll be back to see what you are up to . . . ~ lLnne

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing my computer 'Chirp' when someone has left me their comments, so please feel free to leave me your thoughts and I always endeavour to respond when needed and sometimes because I just want to :)

Seasonal Blessings,
Rebecca