Monday, 26 November 2012

Succesful Sunday!

Well I have serioulsy caught the carboot bug. After Emma-Kate took me to my first one, I was up again on Sunday to travel to Hitchin (of course collecting my passenger too) and I came away with some more Christmas presents which means that I can't show you them :( but I can show you this beautiful glass shaker.
 
 
The lady who runs the stall is absolutely bonkers, I would love love love to be like her when I am old(er) she is just a batty bat and really lovely, and even more so because she let me have it for free as it has a big crack down the side... but that doesn't bother me, as it will be filled with pretty lavender and put in my bathroom.
 
 
Sunday morning is now my favourite time. I spring out of bed very quietly so as not to wake any of my three boys and head to Hitchin. It is dark and mysterious with mist floating across the hills as I drive along the winding back roads gearing myself for the excitement to come.
 
 
It sets up the tone for the rest of my day, as I ventured into the Gym on my way home to do a hill climb and then got home and completed the following tasks that I had set myself for the day:
 
 
Cook a sunday roast for dinner, Bake 12 mince pies, 12 jam tarts, ham joint, 4 chicken & leek pies, 1 loaf of bread, 4 huge bread rolls. Add the pine cones and lights to the christmas tree, washing to finish and put the final coat on Henrys salt dough decorations... and I mananged all but finishing the jam tarts which I am going to get Henry to help me with tomorrow.
 
 

Chicken & Leek Pies
 


 Loaf and Lyntons Bread rolls
 


Ham Joint (for sandwiches and some to make into a ham & mushroom pie) plus I've just had ham, egg and chips for my tea :p
 


 
My 1st ever attempt at Mince pies (all for my husband as he is the only one in the house who likes them) and they got lots of yummy noises while being eaten so I will take that as a good sign!
 
And just because we are getting festive here are a few more items I have put up...
 
 
I have made another 4 cardboard stars and tied them to back of our dining chairs


 I am going to keep the decorations around the windows and rooms quite plain, as we want the tree to be centre stage
 
 
 A simple change from everyday ornaments to ones that are specially for christmas
 
 
And a big thank you to Emma-Kate at Painted Style for the pine cones, they are now neatly tied to my christmas tree and will remain there for years to come. I have of course saved some for my other projects. I was so thrilled to be given the huge bag full as they seem to be a scarce and unfound item down this neck of the woods.
 
I would like to say a happy thankyou to all who blessed us with your anniversary wishes and to my Husband who made me cry like a baby when he posted on my last blog xx
 
Linking upto Magpie Monday as I discovered somthing at yesterdays carboot that I am later to reveal once finished. Also as I am on a Christmas craft hyperdrive I am linking upto Lakota aswell. Please visit Lakota over at Faith Hope & Charity Shopping as she is giving away some beautifull COX & COX christmas decorations.
 
Goodbye for now and Festive Blessings,
Rebecca x
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


11 comments:

  1. Aw, I just read his comment and it brought a tear to my eye too!
    I just sent you a link for a gazillion cool things to do with pine cones! I just knew that having a garage full of them would come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh your place looks inviting and i bet it smells good too with all that baking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm exhausted just reading this post!!! Well done you.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Thanks for visiting my blog and following, I'm pleased to have found your blog and am now following you and enjoying your older posts. In answer to your query about stamping on fabric, any rubber stamps do well and just choose a stamp pad suitable for all surfaces. Love your sugar shaker and what a great idea to fill it with lavender! You had a busy Sunday, hope you're relaxing now! Take care, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you and am so proud of you xxxxxxxxxxxxx Mum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and festive Rebecca! Love the card stars on your chairs.
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow look at all that amazing food! I wanna come eat at your place, I'll be nice and bring wine:) Those pies are just the cutest little things I have ever seen, too pretty to eat. Your home really has a cozy warm holiday vibe going on. Makes me wanna snuggle by the fire and eat way too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog Rebecca and I love your decorating and the food looks yummy. I'm going to have fun looking art your older posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, when you cook . . . you really cook!!!
    Everything looks so good . . . I would weight 400 pounds :)
    I love the decorative touches in your home. The stars on the chairs and the berries over the curtains . . . simply lovely.
    I am your newest follower and I hope that you will accept my invitation to follow me back. I love making new friends.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh your baking looks amazing...those pies...mmm. Sorry it's taken me so long to catch up with these old Tadah Tuesday posts - it doesn't usually take me this long!

    If we actually move to Hitchin - it's one of the areas we like the look of - I'd love to accompany you guys to the boot fairs.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lakota, I will be very jealous if you move to Hitchin as we would love to live there. Yeah! you must join us on our Sunday morning jaunts and Hitchin is well known for its charity shops and they do a good antique/flea market on a Friday too xx

      Delete

I love hearing my computer 'Chirp' when someone has left me their comments, so please feel free to leave me your thoughts and I always endeavour to respond when needed and sometimes because I just want to :)

Seasonal Blessings,
Rebecca