Wednesday, 14 November 2012

The start of the Festive season in our Cottage!


Good Evening to all my wonderful lovely readers, my new ones and old ones.


I wonder how I would find you all on this wonderous evening? Our Cottage is under a cloud of cough and cold and our last victim has finally been had, so all 4 of us are now coughing/hacking and snotting all over the place...but has that stop the festive feeling????? Absolutly not!

Upon receiving my December issues of my 3 favourite magazines LandLove, Country Living and Country Home & Interiors and opening up my Christmas craft file. The lovely crisp and warm weather we have had today, I knocked upon my lovely next door neighbours door, gloves and loppers in hand and asked if I could take some fir cuttings to start my festive decorations.

I have fell in Love with this image on Page 102 of Decembers issue of Country Home and Interiors...

 
and how they have used an old garden seive, its similar to this image that I found on Pinterest too...


Pinned Image
 
what a fun and quirky way to re-use garden tools. SO feeling inspired and most deffinatly now in full festive swing I created this from things that I had lying around the house!
 


 
I rescued the old garden sieve out of my potting shed, an empty tomato soup tin, some garden twine and a bit of ribbon
 
 
Oh! and an old candle I found in the drawer and Thankyou to Nicola next door for the fir trimmings
 
 
And I had to update my autumn wreath on the front door, but it is not my full festive version but the next step..
 
 
I can't wait to put my full festive plans for the porch into action..Garlands, Lanterns, Stars and twinkling lights (Love) but for another 2 weeks this will have to do.
 
I had some fir leftover and just stuck it in another tin can on the kitchen windowledge untill I knew what yo do with it and just thought perfect!!!!
 
What do you think?
 
 
I do have some other plans for my tin cans and yes there is a snobbery as I only use Heinz Tomato Soup tins as the labels come off really well and they are always super shiney...but we eat it by the van load
 
 
 
Oh! and just to finish off I have finally put up my Bramble garland in my kicthen, this is a permanent feature not just for the festive season....
 
 
I added some fairy ligths that were in our bedroom, but they were meant for this garland as the cable was dark brown and once tied with garden twine you can not see the cables at all.
 
 
And when the big light is off
 
 
That warm fuzzy glow that all the dark nights need.
 
Well I am off to go snuggle on the sofa in front of the log fire, hot chocolate (cream & Marshmallows) and wait for the hubby to get home.
 
Linking upto Lakota too xx
 
Warm fuzzy feelings being wished to you all.
Take care and Festive Blessings
 
Rebecca x


10 comments:

  1. You are so clever! They are wonderful!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely decorative ideas, Rebecca, especially the pretty twinkly garland. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, worthy of a magazine! Your home looks so cosy and inviting. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh it's looking very festive Rebecca! Love the use of the garden sieve, gorgeous!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the prettiest decorations!! Love that you just threw together that garden sieve out of things you had lying around, so creative and beautiful! I'm so excited for the holidays! You have me all excited now lol. Oh, and I don't want the snow, you can take it! Ha
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi - I'm so glad that I am not the only one suffering with festive fever already! I LOVE the bramble garland. XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all look utterly lovely - I'm a new follower who came from the magpie monday linky and I have to admit, this post has given me a bit of a girl crush!

    Absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it all - really gorgeous! And as Curtise said your house looks really welcoming x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing my computer 'Chirp' when someone has left me their comments, so please feel free to leave me your thoughts and I always endeavour to respond when needed and sometimes because I just want to :)

Seasonal Blessings,
Rebecca