Thursday, 31 January 2013

Things on a Thursday! - a few things from the week

I wanted to share with you some of the things that have been happening at Crivens Cottage this week...
 
finally deciding on paint colours for my potting shed & corner of the back garden
 
 
 
Enjoying the scent of the fresh daffodils on our dinning room table
 
 
 
Giving out little squeaks of excitement when my parcel from Cath Kidston (I don't like her interiors collection but adore her clothes) was delivered
 
 
 
Seeing Henry's Digger bought by his Grandma & Granddad on his bedside table as it was 'too spikey'' to cuddle in bed
 
 

Realising that I am head of the game when it comes to up-cycling projects. LOL!
After I posted about my Laura Ashley mug planters with Tete-a-Tete daffodils in them on my last post, I saw this in the March issue of 'Country Living' magazine which the postman kindly posted through my letterbox this morning
 


Baking another Chocolate chip cake with vanilla buttercream. Yummy!

 
 
and finally seeing the sunlight return and feeling the warmth on my face as I sit by the French doors and watch it streaming through the window

 
 
All this sunshine and milder weather alongside the March issue of 'Country Living' has really filled me with excitement and light hearted joy in the anticipation of what this spring will bring.
 
It has even had me wallpapering the dining room as I have realised that my home is missing pattern! I am a lover of pattern and yet all my walls are solid blocks of colour, no wonder it hasn't felt right. So there may be a few room makeovers to show you over the next couple of  months.
 
Take care and I would love to know if anything has made you feel 'spring' like this week?
Bright Blessings
Rebecca x

8 comments:

  1. Hi Becky, I just love reading your blog, it inspires me to get on with things in my home. Ive been making seat cushions and chair backs for the dining room chairs. I havent done anything like them before so quite pleased with my efforts.
    I have enrolled on a one day patchwork course as I want to do some patchwork quilts for the Grandchildren - any tips would be most welcome xx
    take care
    lots of love Eileen
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have a potting shed! I keep telling Chris I wanna a build a little creative shack for me in the backyard! The colors you are looking at are warm and just lovely any of them. Nothing is making me think about Spring just yet but I cherish any moment when the sun pops out.
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been feeling a teensy bit Spring like too - our sun and warmer weather has been lovely and im seeing lots of spring bulbs growing taller and taller in the back garden. My last ever issue of Country Living on my subscription came through yesterday too, looking forward to a spring time read as the spring issues are my favourite every year (followed by the autumn issues)so im glad it came. Its 'Mollie Makes' and 'The Simple Things' for me now.
    I love your outfit and sooooo wish I could waltz about in a knee length skirt out in the sunshine, but alas, its only face and hands out for me :-( - and if im in the mood i like to flash my legs abit at home, lol!
    I see you have stick man there too in Henrys room... im a bit late to be joining the julia donaldson club (i thought her books were so typical) but since seeing a theatre production of 4 of her books and reading several too i now want them all! And the Gruffalo film really is so well produced - have you watched it?
    Im just wrapping your parcel up now and will post it on Saturday hopefully,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello lovely was it the wallpaper I got you that goes with your beautifull hand made laura ashley curtains..........not that Im bragging of course xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes it sounds as though the spring energy is starting to move for you! some lovely things there. I think I'm still in hibernation mode really! I remember my son trying to go to bed with his train! The shed sounds interesting! enjoy the weekend, Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does make you want to brighten up and get ready for the year, I think, seeing the sun and feeling that spring is on its way. The blue, green and florals Of your outfit look fresh and gorgeous, as does the cake! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post! my daffodils are peeking above the soil at the minute, i love the spring, just being able to get my washing out on the line and more hours of daylight make me very happy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely daffs, I love them - remind me of Wales and when I brought my sons home from the hospital, they were both March babies.
    x

    ReplyDelete