Sunday, 10 February 2013

An Award!

I can not believe it, the wonderful and very talented Emma from Painted Style has nominated me for a Liebster Award...


Being fairly new to blog land I had no idea what this was but from what I understand the following rules apply:

1. Answer the eleven questions that your nominator has given to you
2. List eleven random facts about yourself
3. Nominate nine other bloggers with less than two hundred followers to win the award
4. Ask eleven new questions to your nine nominees
5. Visit each of the bloggers blogs to let them know that they have been nominated

I have to say that I was quite scared by this as I can not think of any random facts about myself (I'm sure my husband can help me!!) and how do you choose just nine other blogs... I love them all for different reasons.

And so to begin here are the eleven questions that Emma has asked of me:

1. Why did you start blogging?
    I started blogging when we moved to Bedford, as we have moved 165miles away from all our friends and close family so we could be closer to my husband's office. With not knowing anyone down here and being fairly restricted to get out there and meet new friends (having 2 small children), I decided that as I already read a few I should get myself out there and do one too.

2. Who is your biggest celebrity crush?
    If I'm quite honest I don't have one!!! Don't get me wrong there are a handful of celebrities that I would happily join in 'a roll in the hay' but none that I would call a crush.

3. What are you scared of?
    Spiders, doing anything new, not being accepted by others, heights, horror movies, public transport and cows (especially evil ninja cows that result in a 2km diversion when hiking).

4. Where would you like a holiday home?
     The Cornish coast, the South of France and somewhere in Scotland where I could see the northern lights. 

5. Tell me a burning ambition?
    To be an Art teacher and learn to play the cello.

6. What is your home decor style?
     Yikes! I am not sure how to describe it...country cottage / primitive / homespun.

7. Who is your favourite clothing designer?
    Thinking about it I don't particularly have one. I like Poppy for her fun stories that they embroider on to their clothing, they have recently bought out a line of women's wear that is amazing. Cath Kidston for her love of quirky prints (loving the train print at the minute) Edina Ronay for her patterned knit wear.

8. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
    Not really either, as I am afraid of animals in general as I find them unpredictable. But I would love to own a cat called Beatrix, two beagle dogs named Zeppelin and Rosie, some chickens, and two goldfish called Bob and Julie.

9. What advice would you give your 16 year old self?
    I have found this question very thought provoking because on one hand I wouldn't give my 16yr old self any advice in case it changed the path that led me to my Husband, my children and my life now. However If I had too, then it would probably be to not let others change who you are, to stay true to who I want to be and to find the strength within to follow my dreams and to not let the death of your sister stop you from completing your art course.

10. Whose was the first blog you followed? (Not necessarily in an official followy way)
     I think it was the fabulous Vintage Vixen, Eesbeevee.blogspot.com and A ThriftyMrs... Yikes out of the three I first started with I now only visit Vix xx

11. What do you look for and enjoy most of all in other peoples blogs?
       I am a window shopper when it comes to blogs, I am firstly drawn in by their pictures and I usually make the 'like' decision within the first 10 seconds. How fickle is that?? I follow many different blogs for lots of different reasons, either because I love their crafty ways, or I find them very inspiring or simply I think they are just amazing for staying true to themselves.


Mmmm..... Eleven random facts about myself??????

1. On a family trip to the Silverstone Grand Prix back in the 1990's I had my foot ran over by Nigel Mansell.

2. I am a lover of Marmite.

3. When I was in my teenage years I used to extend the flares on my jeans and paint patterns on them with Acrylic paint (flames up the legs were a favourite).

4. I think that Ugg boots are the most uncomfortable footwear ever!

5. I can not wear wool, or have anything wool like near me as it makes me sneeze and itch.

6. I collect Thimbles from all our holiday destinations.

7. I keep ticket stubs from all the places we have visited.

8. I adore tomato sauce but can not stand tomatoes.

9. I don't drink alcohol, due to my brothers getting me incredibly drunk for the first time when I was 16 and I shall not describe the mess that ensued but I haven't done it since.

10. When I was in junior school I was choosen to be dressed in full Geisha costume.

11. I used to date my husband's best friend and that is how we met.


(Wiping sweat from forehead) Wow! That was tough now my Nominees are: in no particular order!

Walking Colours

My little Red suitcase

The Folly Bird

Kezzie AG

Remembering the days at Aqeelas House

Kitchen Table Sewing

Life at Holly Cottage

Little Red Welly

Vintage Hearth

And lovely ladies your questions are as follows:

1. Which came first the chicken or the egg?
2. If you were trapped in a lift for 36 hours with one other person and 2 items, what/who would they be?
3. Favourite read and why? be it book or magazine
4. If you could be any TV/Film character who would it be?
5. What is your favourite era of clothing?
6. What advice would you give to new bloggers?
7. What has been one of the funniest moments in your life?
8. If you were an alien what would you want to look like?
9. A recent UK weather related question - How do the guys who drive the snow ploughs get to work?
10. Of all your crafty makes which has been your favourite?
11. How do you eat your Cadbury's cream egg?
 
I will be back to normal blogging soon, but I am still managing to find a little time to visit you all.
 
Take care and Winter blessings
 
Rebecca x

12 comments:

  1. Wehey! The Nigel Mansell story made me laugh (sorry!) and what brilliant questions for your nominees! Thanks for playing along.
    Hope to see you soon when this weather perks up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh Nigel Mansell!!!! Wow! I love your answers- how curious re the wool thing! I do get itchy with certain materials! Thank you for the award! I shall finally take part!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aahh, you're so sweet. Thank you for nominating me! I usually don't participate though but I enjoyed reading your answers. I think you should do a post about your thimble collection. I want to see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Nigel Mansell story is hilarious! What a claim to fame.
    I love reading posts like these as I'm really nosey. Thanks for the mention! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Rebecca for nominating me! it was fun to read more about you. I'll have a think, but for now I'm not doing the awards. I hope you don't mind. I did do one last year. Have a good week, Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rebecca Looks like you and me are joined together for Betty,s swop. I have just become a follower of your blog so we can now keep in touch. I am looking forward to this new experience. Take care Linda ........xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the nomination xxx
    I have a similar one to your tomato/tomato sauce in that I'll eat apples, tomatoes and pineapple but won't drink the juice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou for the nomination!! Il respond to the 10 questions next week - sorry its taken me ages to thank you .... ive had flu (and my hub and little D too) all week so have been away from the comps. Getting better now though thankfully, il be back soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your award, I always love reading people's answers and random facts.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rebecca, I just wanted to say congrats on your award and I enjoyed reading this post. I've found several new blogs to follow from your list of nominees so thanks for that. Today I made a pact with myself today to comment on more of the blogs I read as I've got very lazy recently on that front, so you're the first (and probably the last today)! Have a great weekend XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Rebecca for your comforting comments they mean a lot and so very true.....xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda you are more then welcome, if you need anything or just want to take your mind somewhere else please email me crivenscottage@live.com xx take care x

      Delete

I love hearing my computer 'Chirp' when someone has left me their comments, so please feel free to leave me your thoughts and I always endeavour to respond when needed and sometimes because I just want to :)

Seasonal Blessings,
Rebecca