Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Parcels that fill you with joy and a little wallpapering!

I am still amidst my early spring shake up & sort out and so have been rather quiet on the blogging front. There are many jobs to finish and many jobs to start. Lots of things that I want to share with you all, and some things that I can't.
 
But with the silent onward creep of peace that is evolving out of the chaos in our home and lives, I was stopped in my tracks by a knock on the door, as I was greeted by our jolly postman with 2 parcels that upon opening overwhelmed me.
 
The first being from the soulful and beautiful Aqeela from Remembering the Days at Aqeelas house 
 
 
The lovely little kitty cat instantly put a smile on my face.
 
 
She sent me these items as a thank you for a poetry book and journal I sent to her as she has a love of poetry and is probably the most organised person I know, so I knew a journal would always be used.
 
We are both lovers of William Morris and so she sent some beautiful WM cards that she has had for some time (I know instantly what I will be going to do with these), a wonderful craft book 'Just Sew Stories' by Katie Allen, and upon a quick flick through I am desperate to make the festival head-dress. Also in the parcel was 'A witch's guide to gardening' by Dorothy Jacob, printed in 1965 and contains some gorgeous drawings and I can not wait to sit down & read it. So a huge thank you to my wonderful friend Aqeela.
 
 
My second parcel was from the vibrant and marvellous Krista from Peetee's palace. I have to admit that being a wiccan/pagan I was truly astounded and almost moved to tears by her gift to me. She has bestowed to me, a practical stranger from across the globe with our only connection being the time and care we all take to read and share blogs, her personal wand and pentagram that has done all it can for her and now seeks a new owner.

 
Krista, your message has spoken to my heart and I thank you for choosing me to be blessed by such a gift.
 
My soul has been going through quite an uplift this past week, with starting my 'painting & drawing' class which has rejuvenated my passion for such things, and in turn has restored a little portion of my old self. Thoughtful gifts from blogging friends that helped renew my faith in who I am and my blog. Sunday morning swimming that made me ache for 2 days from head to toe but I can't wait to go again. Flowers that represent all I want from our home in being bright, colourful and joyous.
 
 
Finished projects, do you remember the storage boxes that were undergoing a little decoupage makeover? Well here they are, all finished and in place and more importantly in use.
 
 
I decided to go for a plain front and leather paint effect lid for the bottom box as they didn't look right being a matching pair.
 
And during a pleasant read through the March edition of 'County Homes' and discovering what has been missing from our home and my life all this time... PATTERN. I dug out some wallpaper that my amazing Mum found me as it matches our curtains and decided to go full steam ahead and start filling our home with pattern, in a hope to inspire the creative and ease my craving for interesting. I started with this:
 
 
I adore this green (leafy cottage) and it is used throughout our home but it was lacking, so one roll of wallpaper and two hours later and TA-DAH! (clever how I am linking to Lakota's Ta-Dah Tuesday)


 
The colour is a lovely muted green (Eau du Nil) with a slight hessian texture to it and these beautiful cream Hydrangeas'
 

 
This space still isn't finished, I have the other 3 walls to paint in Leafy cottage and possibly a fire surround for the papered wall to hunt for and I have some pictures/ephemera to grace the wall too.
 
I know that some of you in the UK have had snow again today but here is a little something to prove that spring is most definitely on its way..
 
 
Our first snowdrop in flower and planted by Henry's little hands back in October xx
 
Bright Blessings
Rebecca x

18 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca, I've just nominated you for a Leibster Award! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you very much my dear xx

      Delete
  2. What fabulous parcels, Krista has a heart of gold!
    I love that wallpaper, it's beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Krista certainly is a rainbow coated heart of gold! I must admit that I can't stop looking at that wall and I am stopping myself for putting it elsewhere..lol

      Delete
  3. What thoughtful gifts! And I love that wallpaper. I was so pleased to see a wee clump of snowdrops outside of our kitchen window on Monday, I adore snowdrops xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There certainly is something special about those wee little bell shaped flowers. Very ethereal xx

      Delete
  4. What lovely gifts from your blogging buddies.

    The wallpaper is gorgeous. It just shows what a little splash of pattern can do for a room (and your soul).

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband doesn't quite understand how a bit of wallpaper can make me feel so different.. Men!

      Delete
  5. Im so glad you like my parcel! Cant wait to see what you do with the cards. Lovely wallpaper too, really seems to pull the room together. I love having a wallpapered wall, it makes such a positive difference!
    Aqeela xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does my friend, I can't believe it has taken me a year to figure out that's what has been missing and now I've started painting the other walls in the room. I am over the moon and cant wait to put the finishing touches in xx

      Delete
  6. so many blessings!....good for you....the paper is lovely, doesn't it make a difference! really nice, Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always lovely to get parcels from bloggers, that's why I started the swap - there were just too many people I wanted to buy for but I didn't feel I always found the right things. And another fan of that wallpaper here, it looks perfect in that room. Have a lovely week.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wall paper just made me smile. Gorgeous. Gorgeous choice. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wallpaper is a great idea, it looks beautiful and I can quite see that it would brighten up the room, and you with it! The storage boxes look lovely too.
    Isn't blogging a great way to "meet" some fabulously kind-hearted people? Aqeela and Krista have sent you the perfect gifts. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful wallpaper, and what thoughtful lovely gifts. I too saw my first snowdrops of the year whilst on a little trip to Edinburgh, I love seeing my first snowdrops of the year, it's so uplifting and full of the promise of spring! (Even though here was one of the places where it snowed again this morning - luckily it didn't settle this time!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Routing through the bargain bins in Laura Ashley has its rewards....tee hee, cleverclever girl xxxxxxxxxxxx Mum

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Rebecca what beautiful things you received in the post. My grandmother and mother were wiccans so I can appreciate the significance of some of the things you have there. I love your wallpaper - it's really special. Lovely to visit - am visiting all the swap participants so I get to know you before pairing everyone up. Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy this finally made it's way into your kind and generous and very creative hands. I couldn't just give this to anyone and you have done me an even greater favor by reassuring me it's right where it needs to be. I hope they bring you as much goodness and joy as they did for me.

    Your wallpaper is swoon worthy wow I just love it, it's soft but still warms up that room. Yes spring is around the corner and with it days in the garden return, and a bit of my sanity:)

    Lotsoflove
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete